The Best Traits in a Romantic Partner
Most people have a pretty good idea of what they’re looking for in a boyfriend, girlfriend, or romantic partner. However, too often, it can be easy to overlook someone’s flaws in an attempt to maintain a positive mindset. While it is always good to concentrate on the best parts of a relationship, it’s also important to make sure you’re receiving what you need from your partner — and that they are making an earnest effort to work on their flaws.
Take advantage of this checklist to gauge how many of these vital traits your partner has. While every person manifests these qualities differently, the more of these they possess, the higher a relationship’s likelihood of success.
What Should You Look For?
1. Physically Attractive (To You). Being physically attracted to your partner is important for intimacy, romance, and long-term chemistry. This isn’t about objectively ranking or categorizing their appearance — this is solely about how you feel. When your partner appeals to you, it makes cuddle time so much more fun overall.
2. Generous. A partner who is truly generous will not hesitate to offer support and extra effort when it is required in a relationship. Likewise, the best lifelong companions will always help you when you need it, and sometimes when you don’t. Whether you need a hand in the kitchen, a quart of milk at the store, or a hug after a long day, a relationship is only as good as what each person puts into it.
3. Compassionate. Compassion is a trait that makes it easier for your partner to understand and empathize with how you feel. When you have a compassionate partner, you may find that it’s easier to just be yourself because you can trust that at the end of the day, they’ll accept you for who you are.
4. Open. A partner who is open with you will generally share their feelings and goals without a struggle. Relationships can be challenging to maintain, but if a partner is stingy with their own emotions, it can be downright impossible.
5. Passionate. Passion gives people a daily drive not just to reach their goals but to learn about each other. This trait is essential to maintaining intimacy in the long-term. However, make sure that your love interest doesn’t take this too far. An overly passionate partner may suffocate you and stifle your independence.
6. Attentive. Being attentive means that you take the time to make sure that your partner feels loved and cared for. People are born needing love and attention from others, but the true test of humanity is knowing how to offer it.
7. Humorous. In every relationship, it’s important that the people involved can make each other laugh. When times are at their worst, humor can bring comfort. Laughter is one of the most fundamental ways in which human beings connect with each other.
8. Dependable/Loyal. People need their partners to be a lot of things, but dependability is what holds all these traits together. Everybody has their good and bad days, but if your partner isn’t consistent with how they treat and respect you. you’ll never enjoy the security and comfort of a true romance.
9. Self-Controlled. Having control of yourself allows you to stay faithful and resist temptations that may otherwise hurt your partner (drugs, alcohol, gambling, etcetera). “I love you” only goes so far. A partner must have enough self-control to remain consistent.
10. Honest. Everyone lies on occasion, whether it’s to save face or avoid hurting their partner’s feelings. However, a good partner will understand where honesty is essential, and will also be sure to communicate what exactly it is that they need. This helps both parties ensure that the relationship is mutually satisfying and fulfilling.
11. Trustworthy. You can’t fully give yourself to a person that you feel like you can’t trust. If your gut instincts are inhibiting you from trusting your partner, then that’s a good sign that one of two things is happening. Either your past is keeping you from forming healthy relationships or your partner has not earned it. You’ll have to interrogate which of those reasons it is to know whether this relationship can succeed.
12. Motivated. A worthy partner must have the desire to make sure that you are both happy. Part of this means that they need to follow through with their promises. A partner who doesn’t have enough energy to do this probably won’t have the ability to foster a strong relationship either.
13. Creative. When people allow themselves to be creative, they facilitate interest and excitement in each other. Your partner doesn’t necessarily have to be an artist or creator, but they should have a spark that allows them to explore life alongside you.
14. Patient. If both people in a relationship are patient, it gives them time to express themselves, understand each other, work out misunderstandings, and avoid other common relationship pitfalls. Never delay what you can do today — unless it will prove more fruitful to wait for tomorrow. Patience can help you both recognize when that’s the case.
15. Positive Attitude. Nobody wants to hang out with a Debbie Downer. People are constantly breathing in the energy of their partner, and if it’s poisonous, they can end up toxifying their own life. No one is perfect, and no one can be happy all the time, but watch out for negativity that turns into cruelty or unkindness.
16. Confident. Confidence allows people to take action when it’s necessary. However, just like the trait of passion, too much of a good thing can turn it into something very bad indeed. Arrogance benefits no one.
17. Conscientious. When you are conscious of your partner’s feelings, you are more likely to correct your behaviors after a mistake is made. This is essential to creating equality in a relationship.
Finding Long-Lasting Love
Love is a very powerful thing, but that alone isn’t enough to keep a relationship healthy and happy. A long-term relationship is a collaboration between both parties. Possessing the traits listed above — and seeking a partner who shares them — can help you create or find intimacy and companionship that are worthy of your time, attention, and commitment.
If you are having trouble finding a partner that meets these criteria, or if you want advice on your current relationship, a Love and Relationship Psychic can provide insightful guidance that will help you move forward.
There’s nothing worse than romantic uncertainty, but you don’t have to navigate the ebbs and flows of love alone. A Love Psychic is always available to help and a Psychic Love Reading is exactly what you need to get your relationship on the path to forever. Learn more about our psychics from real testimonials. For more insight about love and your astrological chart, get your free birth chart report or check out your Weekly Love Horoscope.
About California Psychics:
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 11 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Learn more about how psychic readings work and explore the California Psychics blog. With over 500 psychics online to choose from with real customer reviews, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.